Panel of judges
The expert panel of judges is made up of teachers of visual art branches at primary art schools and primary schools and of professional visual artists. The number of judges is not fixed, however, the panel has usually 10 judges. Many of them have engaged in the work with children for many years and also are judges in other art competitions which enhances their knowledge about the quality of art education of children in the schools in our country and abroad.
Members of the Panel of Judges of ICEFA Lidice 2008
Chairman of the Panel: Josef Zedník – the headmaster of the Primary Art School Most
- Zdeněk Babinec – the headmaster of the Primary Art School Kopřivnice
- Lada Krupková Křesadlová – a teacher in the visual art department of the Primary Art School at Prague 1, Biskupská
- Hana Menclová – a teacher at the Primary Art School Mšeno
- Zdeněk Moupic – a teacher at the Primary Art School Olomouc
- Kateřina Němcová – a teacher at the House of Children and Youth at Praha 3 Na Balkáně
- Pavel Rajdl – a teacher at the Primary Art School Kolín
- Ivana Schwarzová – a teacher in the visual art department of the Primary Art School Strakonice
- Milada Sobková – a methodologist at the House of Children and Youth Šumperk
- Jaroslava Spěváčková – a teacher in the visual art department of the Primary Art School Pilsen
- Zdena Synecká – a methodologist at ARTAMA Prague
- Lada Stará – a teacher in the visual art department of the Primary Art School Nové Strašecí
- Ivona Kasalická – the curator of ICEFA Lidice
The expert panel of judges sat to evaluate the entries at the Lidice Gallery at Lidice on 2 and 3 April 2008.
The members of the panel, divided into three groups, assessed the entries from abroad on the first day, then selected the best 2D and 3D works of Czech and Slovak children on the second day.