Homepage » News 2023
Shipment to the 51st edition of ICEFA Lidice 2023
15. 2. 2023
Dear young artists, dear parents and teachers,
We are very pleased that the theme of DANCE appealed to so many children.
Please do not send us questions about the delivery of a specific shipment. We are literally inundated with packages and are working diligently to register them. Registration will take place throughout February until the first round of the expert jury, which will take place in mid-March.
Please bear with us. For now, you can guess whether we will surpass last year's number of delivered works - there were 14,527. Maybe this year there will be around 20,000 - what do you think?
Thank you for your understanding,
ICEFA Lidice team
Announcement of the results of the 51st ICEFA Lidice
15. 5. 2023
Dear teachers, dear children,
we have published the results of the 51st edition of the ICEFA Lidice 2023. A total of 16,416 artworks from 83 countries entered this year's competition on the theme "DANCE". After careful consideration, the jury awarded 1,305 artworks with 1,356 awards, including 187 medals.
You can view the results of the competition and all the awarded works on the exhibition website.
Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to everyone for participating!
On June 1, the exhibition of all the awarded works opens at the Lidice Gallery and the traditional award ceremony and presentation of the "Lidice Rose" medals to children from the Czech Republic and the Jury Prizes will take place. Awards to participants all over the world will be distributed in cooperation with Czech embassies and consulates during Autumn-Winter 2023.
We ask participants, parents and teachers to check the information about schools and authors. In case of any mistake or inaccuracy, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Invitation to participate in the 52nd International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Arts Lidice 2024
11. 10. 2023
Dear children, dear teachers,
we would like to cordially invite you to participate in the 52nd International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Arts Lidice 2024.
The competition and subsequent exhibition is one of the largest in the world, bringing together thousands of children from all over the world every year.
The United Nations has designated 2024 as the International Year of the Camelids, and it will be the 150th anniversary of the Universal Postal Union.
The 52nd ICEFA Lidice will be dedicated to the theme:
- The word "caravan" evokes thoughts of travel, adventure, freedom, or independence. It can also remind us of the nomadic life of people who move from place to place and live in constant contact with nature. In a broader sense, it can symbolize a community, sharing experiences, traveling without borders, and freedom of movement.
- Camels, llamas, and alpacas represent a key source of livelihood for millions of families, especially for shepherds living in dry and mountainous areas around the world. Camelids are irreplaceable players in the global ecosystem, and their contribution needs to be duly appreciated and their protection supported.
- In the past, people transported goods in various ways. Traveling was slow and demanding, especially when the goods needed to be transported over long distances. Today, we use trucks, trains, ships, and planes that are much faster and more efficient. Thanks to them, we can transport large quantities of goods over great distances in a short time.
- The post office serves to deliver parcels, letters, packages, or newspapers. In the past, when there were no phones or the internet, the post office was the main way people communicated over long distances.
- Communication reminds us of the interaction and exchange of views among people. It also points to the significant role of modern technologies that allow us to communicate regardless of distance today.
All these sub-themes are interconnected and highlight the importance of delivering messages, communication among people, and traveling as a way of discovering the world.
How can we communicate?
How did people send messages in the past, and how do they do it today?
How were parcels transported in the past, how are they transported today, and how do you think they will be delivered in the future?
- mixed media
- art objects
Competition and exhibition
The entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges in two rounds. Artworks that receive an award will be exhibited on an annual exhibition in the Lidice Gallery from June 2024 and awarded 2D artworks subsequently archived. Smaller exhibitions from the entries will follow in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Participation in the exhibition is open only to children aged 4 to 16, both as individuals and as representatives of schools and art clubs. People with disabilities can participate at any age.
• The maximum format for a 2D entry: 70 × 50 cm.
• The maximum format for a 3D entry: 100 × 70 × 40 cm, weight max. 10 kg.
• A maximum of two entries of the same technique (painting and drawing, printmaking, mixed media, photography, film/animation, art objects) by one author is acceptable. One author can participate with entries in multiple techniques.
• We appeal to teachers to select the entries carefully to create a school’s collection of a high quality.
• Use spray fixative for entries created in paints that can be dusted or wiped off.
• Only photos on good-quality paper are accepted.
• Films/animations – max. length 3 minutes.
• Eligibility for the competition requires compliance with the complete conditions
at www.mdvv-lidice.cz. Non-compliance or illegible writing on the application and artwork labels can lead to the artwork not being accepted for the competition.
Reasons for exclusion from the competition
Only original artworks are accepted. Copies, photocopies, electronic versions will not be evaluated. Only works on the theme of the year will be assessed. Works of excessive dimensions, mounted pictures (framed, glued to colored or other papers etc.) or works insufficiently labeled can be excluded from the competition. The maximum weight of 1 package with artworks must not exceed 10 kg. Each individual work must be properly marked (labeled).
Closing date of the 52nd ICEFA Lidice is February 28, 2024! NOTE - by this date, the artworks must physically be in Lidice!
Application for the competition
To register your participation, fill in the application form (downloaded from www.mdvv-lidice.cz/en/invitation/). Send the filled out application and the name list of participants together with the entries.
Labelling of entries
Every artwork has to be labeled. Use the label (downloaded from the website). Fill in the label in readable, latin alphabet, block letters (preferably on PC). Glue or attach the label to the back of the pictures. It is possible to tie the label to 3D artworks with a string.
On the label, please write:
• Child’s/participant’s name, surname and age.
• Name and full address of the school or organization sending the entry (Id. no. of the organization, name of the school, street, postcode, city). Information on awards will be sent to this address.
• E-mail address of the school or organization and of art teacher(s) sending the entries who wish to be informed about the competition.
• If a child participates as an individual, indicate their full name, age and home address, including an e-mail for communication (of a parent).
By participating in the competition, the participants or their guardians are expressing their consent with processing of personal information necessary for the competition and the exhibition. See more at www.mdvv-lidice.cz/en/exhibition/gdpr/.
Send the labelled entries together with the application form to the address: 52nd International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Arts Lidice 2024, Lidice Gallery, Tokajická 152, 273 54 Lidice, Czech Republic.
We look forward to receiving your art.
- Invitation to participate in the 52nd ICEFA Lidice 2024 [PDF, 269 kb]
- Invitation to participate in the 52nd ICEFA Lidice 2024 [PDF, 269 kb]