INVITATION TO THE OPENING CEREMONY IN THE GARDEN OF THE LIDICE GALLERY AND AT THE NATIONAL TECHNICAL MUSEUM IN PRAGUE ON 28TH MAY 2019
Out of 1179 award-winning pictures, just under 1000 will be on display at the Lidice Memorial – Lidice Gallery and circa 200 at the National technical Museum.
! The opening ceremony will take place at the two venues on the same day!
- Lidice Gallery (the main opening ceremony, at which young artists will receive medals from representatives of ministries that have assumed auspices over the competition)
- National Technical Museum (a secondary ceremony, at which children will be welcomed by NTM representatives and treated to an educational programme in the section of chemistry; the second part of the exhibition will be formally opened)
7.30 – 8.45 am Registration of medallists at the Lidice Gallery
8.00 am – 3.00 pm Entertaining programme for children in the garden of the Lidice Gallery developing the theme of chemistry
9.00 – 9.30 am Rehearsal of the prize-giving in the garden (only the medallists)
11.00 am – 1.00 pm Ceremonial prize-giving to medallists from the Czech Republic and invited foreign winners in the garden of the Lidice Gallery. Children's Choir of International School of Prague and the Brass Band of Marie Podvalová School in Prague 9 – Čakovice will appear at the event
1.00 – 2.00 pm Ceremonial opening of the 47th edition of the exhibition and the tour of it
2.00 pm Departure for Prague on vintage buses to arrive directly outside the National Technical Museum (transport back to Lidice is also arranged). THE BUS NEED TO BE BOOKED!!!
3.00 – 4.00 pm Guided tour for the public or an educational programme for children in the section of chemistry
4.00 pm Ceremonial opening of the exhibition. The Brass Band of Marie Podvalová School in Prague 9 – Čakovice will appear at the event
4.45 pm Departure for Lidice on vintage buses
Please, confirm your attendance at the OPENING CEREMONY IN LIDICE and/or BOOK BUS SEATS to the NATIONAL TECHNICAL MUSEUM (transport back to Lidice has been arranged) by 24 May 2019 at:
PHONE NO. +420 736 642 318
Admission to the opening ceremony at the Lidice Memorial and at the National Technical Museum is free.
SIDE EVENTS IN THE GARDEN OF THE LIDICE GALLERY:
- Pharaoh's serpents – Sugar can burn in such a way that "Pharaoh's serpents" of weird shapes start leaving the dish!
- Rainbow in a flask – Miraculous flasks that change colour when shaken.
- Cyanotype pictures – Create your own picture using an old photographic technique.
- Trampoline for bubbles – Bubbles from a bubble blower can jump as if on a trampoline although there isn't any.
- Self-inflating balloon – We can inflate a balloon without using our breath
- Frosty chemistry – Come and have first-hand experience of cold chemistry and carry off an ice cream produced using liquid nitrogen!
- Unconventional liquid – What can be made of starch and water? Until you try it, you won't believe!
- Water and its magic – Is water really boring in terms of chemistry? Not a whit! It offers a lot of entertaining experiments!
- Detective chemistry – Learn how to take fingerprints and become a detective in your environment!
- Does sugar or flour burn? – Come and see!
+ gyroscopic vehicles Segway, a fairy-tale about a snowflake with UV elements, brain teasers and rebuses, secret writing, tricks with coloured solutions and a lot of other interesting things related to CHEMISTRY
Come and explore! We are looking forward to you!