Invitation for Children to participate in the 52nd International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Art Lidice 2024
Forms for Schools
Registration form Film/Animation
Forms for Individual participants
Work identification label
Registration form Film/Animation
Dear children, dear teachers,
we would like to cordially invite you to participate in the 52nd International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Arts Lidice 2024.
The competition and subsequent exhibition is one of the largest in the world, bringing together thousands of children from all over the world every year.
The United Nations has designated 2024 as the International Year of the camelids, and it will be the 150th anniversary of the Universal Postal Union.
The 52nd ICEFA Lidice will be dedicated to the theme:
- The word "caravan" evokes thoughts of travel, adventure, freedom, or independence. It can also remind us of the nomadic life of people who move from place to place and live in constant contact with nature. In a broader sense, it can symbolize a community, sharing experiences, traveling without borders, and freedom of movement.
- Camels, llamas, and alpacas represent a key source of livelihood for millions of families, especially for shepherds living in dry and mountainous areas around the world. Camelids are irreplaceable players in the global ecosystem, and their contribution needs to be duly appreciated and their protection supported.
- In the past, people transported goods in various ways. Traveling was slow and demanding, especially when the goods needed to be transported over long distances. Today, we use trucks, trains, ships, and planes that are much faster and more efficient. Thanks to them, we can transport large quantities of goods over great distances in a short time.
- The post office serves to deliver parcels, letters, packages, or newspapers. In the past, when there were no phones or the internet, the post office was the main way people communicated over long distances.
- Communication reminds us of the interaction and exchange of views among people. It also points to the significant role of modern technologies that allow us to communicate regardless of distance today.
All these sub-themes are interconnected and highlight the importance of delivering messages, communication among people, and traveling as a way of discovering the world.
How can we communicate?
How did people send messages in the past, and how do they do it today?
How were parcels transported in the past, how are they transported today, and how do you think they will be delivered in the future?
- mixed media
- art objects
Competition and exhibition
The entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges in two rounds. Artworks that receive an award will be exhibited on an annual exhibition in the Lidice Gallery from June 2024 and awarded 2D artworks subsequently archived. Smaller exhibitions from the entries will follow in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Participation in the exhibition is open only to children aged 4 to 16, both as individuals and as representatives of schools and art clubs. People with disabilities can participate at any age.
- The maximum format for a 2D entry: 70 × 50 cm.
- The maximum format for a 3D entry: 100 × 70 × 40 cm, weight max. 10 kg.
- A maximum of two entries of the same technique (painting and drawing, printmaking, mixed media, photography, film/animation, art objects) by one author is acceptable. One author can participate with entries in multiple techniques.
- We appeal to teachers to select the entries carefully to create a school’s collection of a high quality.
- Use spray fixative for entries created in paints that can be dusted or wiped off.
- Only photos on good-quality paper are accepted.
- Films/animations – max. length 3 minutes.
- Eligibility for the competition requires compliance with the complete conditions at www.mdvv-lidice.cz. Non-compliance or illegible writing on the application and artwork labels can lead to the artwork not being accepted for the competition.
Reasons for exclusion from the competition
Only original artworks are accepted. Copies, photocopies, electronic versions will not be evaluated. Only works on the theme of the year will be assessed. Works of excessive dimensions, mounted pictures (framed, glued to colored or other papers etc.) or works insufficiently labeled can be excluded from the competition. The maximum weight of 1 package with artworks must not exceed 10 kg. Each individual work must be properly marked (labeled).
Closing date of the 52nd ICEFA Lidice is February 28, 2024! NOTE - by this date, the artworks must physically be in Lidice!
APPLICATION FORM AND LABELLING THE ENTRIES
Please, fill in the label READABLY, in BLOCK ROMAN LETTERS (preferably on a PC). Works with illegible or incomplete labels will be excluded from the competition.
1. APPLICATION FOR THE COMPETITION
To register your participation, please, fill in the APPLICATION Form - available for download at this webpage in the box in the upper right corner. The filled-in application and the name list of participants are to be sent together with the entries.
2. LABELLING OF ARTWORKS
Every artwork has to be labeled. Use the label (downloaded from the website). Fill in the label in readable, latin alphabet, block letters (preferably on PC). Glue or attach the label to the back of the pictures. It is possible to tie the label to 3D artworks with a string.
On the label, please write:
- Child’s/participant’s name, surname and age.
- Name and full address of the school or organization sending the entry (Id. no. of the organization, name of the school, street, postcode, city). Information on awards will be sent to this address.
- E-mail address of the school or organization and of art teacher(s) sending the entries who wish to be informed about the competition.
- If a child participates as an individual, indicate their full name, age and home address, including an e-mail for communication (of a parent).
By participating in the competition, the participants or their guardians are expressing their consent with processing of personal information necessary for the competition and the exhibition. See more at www.mdvv-lidice.cz/en/exhibition/gdpr/.
3. LABELLING AND SPECIFICATION OF THE FILM/ANIMATION
We accept films as independently created pieces of art by an individual or by a group of individuals, under the guidance of a teacher or even with their direct assistance. A maximum of two films by the same author is eligible for the contest. Entries in this medium are subject to the same rules as other entries (age of the child, closing date, theme etc.)
- Animated film, stop motion technique – drawn animation, cut-out animation, puppet animation etc., computer animation – 2D and 3D animation
- Documentary, live-action film, video clip, other audio-visual work – e.g. combined work with animated element prevailing, video art, video collage etc.
Specifications of the film
Video format / use the following format:
- container: MP4 or mov
- format: MPEG-4, H264
- resolution: FullHd 1080p (1920x1080), or Hdready – 720p (1280x720)
- audio bitrate: 128 kbps
- footage: max 3 min.
- Make a short intro to the film (5 second) in a field of black, containing the title. The film ending should be made along the same lines – the title (5 seconds) in a field of black, containing the name of the author, your school or perhaps your school's logo.
- In case of a spoken word or a text box film must be subtitled – always in English language. It is required for all films (i.e. Czech and Slovak schools as well).
- Film must be supplied with audio track in accordance with copyrights.
Course of action
- Create a film complying with the specifications given above.
- Upload it to your Youtube channel (if you don't have any, create it).
- The entry (even in slightly reduced quality) should be uploaded to your Youtube channel with the following caption: your name and age, film title, name and address of your school, name of the teacher (if directly involved in the creation of the film), a brief annotation (film description).
- Registering the Film for the competition: Fill out the Registration Form for Films/Animation (available for download at this webpage in the box in the upper right corner) and send it to the e-mail address: email@example.com. Do not forget to fill in Subject – FILM 52nd MDVV Lidice 2024 + name of school or individual name and REGISTRATION FORM for a FILM! Without the word FILM the registration will not be completed. In the Registration Form fill in the address of the Film on Youtube. Registering the film for the competition is possible ONLY by e-mail, do not send it printed!
- If your entry wins a prize, you will be asked to send in a full quality copy of the film.
If the film does not comply with the rules and requirements given above it will be disqualified. The entries are accepted for the contest only through online applications with a link to a Youtube channel. Entries sent in in other forms (DVD, USB etc.) will not be accepted for the competition.
TIME SCHEDULE OF THE EXHIBITION
February 28, 2024
Closing date for the registration - by this date, the artworks must physically be in Lidice!
March 14 – March 16 and March 21 - March 23, 2024
Session of the exhibition jury (2 rounds)
May 15, 2024
Results of the exhibition published at www.mdvv-lidice.cz
May 30, 2024
Award ceremony in the garden of the Lidice Gallery
May 31, 2024 – January 31, 2025
Exhibition of the award-winning entries at the Lidice Gallery
September – December 2024
Prizes, catalogues and invitations to participate in the next edition for foreign participants dispatched to Czech embassies who hand over the prizes to winners in person or by post
After the main exhibition is finished, smaller exhibitions will be created from the exhibits to tour other venues in the Czech Republic and abroad.
- Prize of the Panel of Judges for a foreign school
- Prize of the Panel of Judges for a school in the Czech Republic
- “Rose of Lidice” Medal – for an individual
- Medal for a school for its collection of entries
- Medal for common work of children
- Honorable mentions
PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
52nd International Children’s Exhibition of Fine Arts Lidice 2024,
273 54 Lidice, Czech Republic.
Closing date of the 52nd ICEFA Lidice is February 28, 2024!
ATTENTION: Entries must be delivered physically to Lidice by 28 February 2024! Please, make sure that your postal service is able to deliver the consignment by that date. Please indicate the value 10 Euros. (Warning: a package with lower (e.g. 0 € ) or higher value may be stopped at customs and a tax added, which cannot be paid by the organizer.
You can check registration of received entries from January 24 at https://www.mdvv-lidice.cz/en/current/registered/
The organizer reserves the right to use the received entries for other non-commercial exhibitions and charitable events and to reproduce them in print. The entries will not be given back.
Lidice Memorial, Lidice Gallery, Tokajická 152, 273 54 Lidice, Czech Republic
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- web: www.mdvv-lidice.cz/en/
- Phone no. 00420 312 253 702; 00420 736 642 318
The exhibition is organized by the Lidice Memorial under the auspices of
- Minister of Culture of the Czech Republic
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic
- Czech Commission for UNESCO
- Director General of the Czech Centres
Artwork on the invitation by: Battur Khuslen, 16 years, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - 45th ICEFA 2017